#FlashbackFriday with these easy honey roasted brussels sprouts that are the perfect side for your Thanksgiving feast.
I grew up NEVER liking Brussels Sprouts at all. I mean, they are little balls of strong flavored cabbage. But, I learned that if you prepare them the right way, versus just boiling and buttering them, that they can have a phenomenal flavor. In this recipe, I combine my favorite roasting ingredients (Olive Oil, Balsamic, Honey) to add a salty sweet balsamic caramelized flavor to these little balls of cabbage.
HONEY BALSAMIC ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS (print it!)
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, halved and quartered
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
2. Halve and quarter your Brussels sprouts. Combine Olive Oil, Balsamic and honey. Pour over Brussels sprouts. Stir to combine and coat.
3. Pour Brussels sprouts onto prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once half way through. Add your walnuts during the last 5 minutes if using. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings, 3 WWFreestyle SmartPoints or 2 points+ with the nuts, 1 WWFreestyle SmartPoint or 1 points+ without
Nutritional Information Per Serving including nuts for all ingredients:
Quarter and halve your Brussels sprouts. I like doing a little of both.
Whisk together your olive oil, balsamic and honey.
Pour mixture over Brussels sprouts and stir to coat.
Pour your balsamic spouts onto a prepared cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once half way through.
I dare ya ~ try it, and I bet you may just find you like Brussels sprouts too!
By far, this is one of my favorite recipes from the archives and you can now find it in my Recipage too! It is the perfect addition this Thanksgiving.
Why do they call it Brussels instead of Brussel? That extra “s” always drives me bonkers 😀
Happy Friday all! The Foodbuzz Festival starts tonight ~ I cannot wait to see you all again and to meet some new faces too!
Catch up with you all later!