There is just something so amazing about having a smoky sausage, veggie packed, beer and bean soup on a cold winter day. The Smoked Kielbasa Sausage, Beer and fire roasted diced tomatoes really add a rich flavor to this soup. This recipe is really easy to make and you can mix and match any vegetables you have on hand. Simply toss everything in the crockpot, let all the flavors meld all day and dinner will be ready as soon as you walk in the door.
SLOW COOKER KALE, KIELBASA & BEAN SOUP (print it!)
* Adapted from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
- 3/4 lb Turkey Kielbasa (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 bunch kale, about 4 cups
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 15.5 oz canned beans (kidney, cannellini, pinto, black eyed peas), drained & rinsed
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup beer or water
- 1 tsp dried Italian Seasoning
- Dashes of your favorite hot sauce, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine everything in your crockpot. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
** Make it VEGAN by using vegetable broth and swapping the Turkey Kielbasa and adding cooked Soyrizo or Soy Sausage AFTER the soup is cooked, just before serving.
Makes 8 heaping 1 cup servings, 4 points+ each
Nutritional information per serving calculated using caloriecount.com
ANNOUNCEMENT!! For all those who attend my Sunday Meeting, we will now be at the NEW LOCATION starting tomorrow. Email me if you need the details!
Let the weekend begin! Have a fantastic Saturday all!