Happy Sunday all! Thanks to all of you who offered up your Active Links and/or Active Link parts to me. I know it sounds silly, but, I feel so lost without having some little gadget to tell me how much I am moving/stepping/burning and that I am reaching my goals each day. I know I can gage it by what my body tells me, but, it just isn’t the same.
I do think I know what I want my new gadget to be once it arrives this spring……
I totally want the Flex wrist band by Fit Bit.
Seriously ~ look at all the cool stuff this little band does and the price range is pretty decent too! For those who use My Fitness Pal ~ it links right up to it the way AL does to WW ~ Cool!
Now to anxiously await it’s release……this May 2013 (I think).
We have had another busy, but, very productive weekend. Life has been pretty crazy lately and I have a feeling….it’s not going to slow down any time soon. This is the first chance that I’ve sat down all day and I need to move through this post since I have to be up at 5 am! Back to the dentist since my filling is loose
Before heading down to the Alameda Antique Fair, we fueled up at Starbuck’s with Dirty Lattes and banana. (Grande Non-Fat Decaf Latte with 1 pump Mocha 4 points+
After 4.5 hours of walking and short drive from the city, we ended up at Yokoso Sushi!
I thought I wanted the miso to start, but, after taking one bite of my salad, I traded it in.
This sesame dressing totally makes this salad ~ as I was eating it, I was telling The Husband, I could have just one big salad with this dressing and nothing else. 3 points+
My favorite roll they make ~ The Tuna Steak made spicy (the top it with Sriracha just for me lol)
spicy crabmeat topped w/ seared tuna and special sauce
Have I ever told you all that I also use that entire blog of wasabi too? Mixed with a little soy sauce of course. I ate 6 pieces of this before I was full ~ 8 points+
The Husband and I both are still kinda slowly easing back into the protein thing. It’s strange, but, kinda cool too, that we seem to only want to have a small portion of protein like once a day and never want to have it at lunch/dinner.
For those who are participating in Meatless Monday with me tomorrow ~ here is a recipe you all have to try!!! Are you ready for this…..
SPICY CHICKPEA NACHOS (print it!)
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 2-3 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning (I make Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 24 Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- 4 oz low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup romaine, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 bell pepper rings or jalapenos, or both
- 6 Tbsp. sliced olives
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Combine the chickpeas, onion, taco seasoning and oil. Toss gently to coat. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet in a single layer and roast for 12-14 minutes, stirring once half way through.
2. Meanwhile, prepare your “chips”. Take 4 of the Mission Extra Thin Yellow Corn Tortillas (the only brand and tortilla I feel works with this). Stack them on top of each other and slice in half. Cut each half in half, then, half again so you end up with 24 chips. Layer them on a cookie sheet spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned.
3. Layer up your delicious Spicy Vegetarian Chickpea Nachos! I start with the homemade chips, then, add 1/3 cup of the roasted taco chickpeas. Next, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, jalapeno olives, guacamole and dashes of hot sauce. Dive in!
Makes 6 Nacho Stacks, 9 points+ each, SF + 4 WPA for the tortillas
Nutritional information per serving calculated at caloriecount.com
STEP – BY – STEP:
Preheat the oven to 425, then, prep your “taco meat” by tossing the chickpeas and onion with a little olive oil and taco seasoning.
Pour the beans onto a cookie sheet in a single layer.
Roast for 12-14 minutes, stirring once half way through. The onions are optional, but, I highly encourage them as they add a delicious sweeetness to the spicy chickpeas when roasted.
Layer it up! I prefer making my own tortilla chips (you get more as in 24 chips for the same price as 7-12 of the store bought).
Chips, 1/3 cup spicy chickpeas, 1/2 ounce cheese and a little jalapenos for a spice.
Add in some color ~ lettuce, tomatoes, mini pepper rings and tomatoes.
Then, put the finishing touches on with a little homemade guacamole, olives and dashes of hot sauce. All are optional and you will save points by omitting them (but, why would you?!)
I LOVE these nachos, quite possibly more than the real deal. The chickpeas are creamy with little hints of spicy, the chips are crunch and salty, the veggies add a nice crunch and the guacamole cools it all down.
I made a batch of Healthy Potato Salad to go with our BBQ dinner this week. This is one of The Husband’s favorite things…we have bets on if he can make it last more than a day or two.
And a sneak peak at what I am having for lunches this week….any guesses? It’s meatless
HERE IS WHAT IS ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
- Meatless Monday ~ Spaghetti Pizza, Salad
- BBQ Chicken, Potato Salad, Kale Chips
- Thai Lime Shrimp, Brown Rice, Asparagus
- Taco Salads
- Scallops with Lemon Wine and Pasta, spinach salads
Off to catch some zzzzz’s! Tomorrow is going to be a long day.