Hi Danica’s Daily readers! I’m Allie, a fashionable food enthusiast trying my best to eat healthy while enjoying all that there is to taste. Or as I like to say, a fashionista gone hungry! My blog started as a way to track my Weight Watchers journey and share what I ate every day. Over time my blog evolved to include recipes, events and my dining experiences. I have a love for food and all things foodie related and I love sharing with everyone!
Danica and I met at Blogher Food in Atlanta, Georgia and we hit it off immediately! She is a great friend and her blog is so amazing, so it is an honor to be writing this guest post. Thanks Danica!!!
- 1 cup Uncle Sam Original Cereal
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- cooking spray
1. Combine honey and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for 30 more.
2. Combine wet ingredients with cereal and stir until coated.
3. Spray a small pan with cooking spray. I used a bread pan so that I could make the bars into the right shape. Put cereal mixture into pan and smooth and press it down so that it is solid and looks like one big bar.
4. Top with chocolate chips and press down so they stick in the cereal. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Cut into 4 pieces, and enjoy!
This recipe makes 4 bars, for 4 points + each
If you’d like, you can make this recipe larger or cut the bars into smaller pieces.
I love this recipe because the bars are sweet, crunchy, peanut buttery, and chocolately! Not to mention there is flax in the cereal so that makes it healthy, right ;) I’m all about moderation and still enjoying the foods you love – like peanut butter and chocolate. And when you can mix healthy ingredients with your favorite indulgences then even better! A big thanks once again to Danica and all of you for reading!
Thanks Allie for guest posting and for one delicious Weight Watchers Friendly Points+ Recipe. I think you are just as awesome (and so is her site All I Eat Food!) While you are there be sure to check out how both her and her boyfriend lost an amazing 120+ lbs together!