There is something to be said about making healthy, homemade chicken noodle soup in minutes yet it tastes like you’ve cooked it all day long.
This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is packed with noodles, veggies and zero point chicken breast. The fresh herbs and lemon brighten the rich broth while warming you up from the inside out.
I highly recommend using the bone in skinless chicken breasts as you get a deeper flavor. I added legs as well for this reason but I do not add the dark meat to my soup. This recipe makes alot of soup and freezes well.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (print it!)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large celery stalks, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 – 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 lbs bone in, skinless chicken breast with at least 2 legs
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 oz egg noodles
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute. When “hot” shows, melt butter and add onion, celery and carrot cooking until slightly softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, poultry seasoning, thyme and oregano cooking for 1 minute.
- Hit cancel and add chicken, broth, water and bay leaves. Close the Instant lid, seal and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. Manual release by letting the timer count up 20 minutes then quick release until the pin drops. Hit cancel.
- Use tongs to remove the chicken and bay leaves. Turn the Instant Pot back to saute, add noodles and cook 4 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the chicken and add to the soup.
- Hit cancel then finish the soup with the crushed red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice parsley, salt and pepper.
Makes 12 heaping 1 cup servings, 3 WWFreestyle Smartpoints
Nutrition facts per serving for all ingredients:
STEP – BY – STEP:
While your Instant Pot Saute heats to “Hot”, chop your veggies.Melt your butter which adds a nice richness to the soup.Add veggies and cook until softened.Add the garlic and herbs cooking 1 minute.Add the chicken, broth, water and bay leaves. Close, seal and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. Let stand for a manual release until the timer counts up 20 minutes. Quick release to release the remaining pressure and open the lid once the pin drops.Remove chicken and shred. It is so tender it will be falling off the bone as you pull it out. Be sure to grab all bones. Turn your Instant Pot to saute and add the noodles cooking for 4 minutes. Add the chicken back (I only used the chicken breast and gave The Husband the legs).
Hit cancel and finish the soup with the crushed red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.Tadah! I can honestly say this is the best tasting soup I’ve ever made and I truly think the Instant Pot brings out so much flavor. The chicken is infused with this herby goodness like rotisserie chicken and literally falls of the bone. The broth is so rich that it seems like you spent all day, not 1 hour making it.Enjoy!