#FlashbackFriday with these tasty mini’s. I am pretty sure if you made me anything with Lemon I’d say I LOVE YOU! I have yet to find a lemon cookie, lemon cupcake, lemon muffin or lemon bar I do not LOVE. There is something about the tart, yet, subtle sweetness of lemon that really stands out when you combine it with a little butter, a little sugar and a whole lot of bite sized muffin goodness.
These muffins might be mini, but, they are packed with tart cranberries, hints of lemon from the zest and a slightly sweet sugary crystal topping. Did I mention they are only 2 Smartpoints each? They are so good, I am pretty sure you will have at least two or three with your coffee or tea.
LEMON CRANBERRY MINI MUFFINS (print it!)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar or sucanat, NOT agave nectar
- 2 large eggs, yolks & whites separated
- 1 1/3 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Turbinado sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Coat two mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg yolks, one at a time. Beat well after each.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients and lemon zest.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating two times with the Greek yogurt, then lemon juice with the vanilla extract. Beat just until smooth. Fold in the cranberries.
5. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold them into the muffin batter until blended.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan topping each muffin with a small sprinkle of the turbinado sugar. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.
Makes 36 mini muffins, 2 Smartpoints or 1 points+ each
Nutritional Information Per Lemon Cranberry Mini Muffin
This is such a BUSY week!!! I have a feeling once I make it through Friday & The Foodbuzz Festival this weekend, the “Official” vacation count down will begin! I cannot believe our anniversary vacation is almost here…..gahhhhhh, I can’t wait!
Off to catch some zzzzzzz’s ~ Night all!