Hi all! Did you all know that September is National Breakfast Month? To savor the last bits of summer and to celebrate, I made these Peach Pie Pancakes! Fluffy, protein packed, buttermilk pancakes topped with peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and coconut. So many good things come together in that one sentence just so I could eat these tasty Krusteaz Pancakes. Yep, a sweet, not, savory breakfast from me…it can happen, sometimes.
The folks at Krusteaz are launching a new of buttermilk pancakes that taste just as delicious as the regular pancakes but come packed with protein for staying power.
With 13g of added protein, it’s the perfect way to keep your family full and energized all day long. In keeping with Krusteaz’s commitment to simplified and wholesome ingredients, the new protein pancake is free of partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.
I love that and the fact that each pancake is only 2 Weight Watchers Smartpoints. Deal!
All you need is 1 cup of mix and 2/3 cup water and about 10 minutes to get breakfast or dinner on the table.
I don’t know what it is but I love seeing the bubbles, flipping my cakes and I get all excited when they puff up…Like, I did it lol.
You could take the simple route topping them with a little whipped butter, pure maple syrup and serving with sausage or bacon.
Or you can make “fancy pancakes” as The Husband calls them by whipping up this simple peach pie topper.
PEACH PIE SYRUP (print it!)
- 1 lb peaches, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups water
- Combine everything in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until 1/2 the liquid has evaporated.
- Use a potato masher to slightly mash the fruit. Continue simmering until desired thickness. Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.Remove from heat, cool and serve.
Makes 3 cups. Each 1/4 cup serving is 2 Smartpoints.
Nutrition facts per 1/4 cup:
Peach Pie Pancakes – 2 cakes topped with 2 tsp whipped butter, 1/4 cup peach pie syrup and a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut for good measure = Pie for breakfast for only 7 Smartpoints. Worth it!
Just for creating this peachy good recipe, the folks at Krusteaz are letting me give one lucky reader a bunch of their new mixes to try.
ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
Five Krusteaz Complete Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix boxes
Krusteaz spatula, a tote bag and a super cool blender bottle to mix your pancakes up quickly. Shake, pour & store!
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Simply leave your FIRST comment telling me how you top your pancakes.
2) Share away ~ Tweet, Pin and/or Facebook about this giveaway, “Ready to power up your day with @Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix? Enter this #Giveaway hosted by @danicasdaily https://www.danicasdaily.com/peach-pie-pancakes-a-giveaway” Be sure to leave your SECOND comment to let me know you did.
3) If you have a blog, LINK back to this contest and leave a THIRD comment letting me know you did.
If you do not have a blog, just leave a comment below telling me someone you told about this giveaway.
The Fine Print: Thanks to the folks at Krusteaz for asking me to create a recipe with their newest mix, sending me the items pictured and letting me host this giveaway for my readers.
The Winner will be randomly drawn and announced on Friday, September 8, 2017.
Good luck everyone!