PUMPKIN NUT BREAD ~ WITH A PROTEIN BOOST!
3/4 c Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 c Oat Flour (ground up Quaker Old Fashioned Oats!)
3 scoops EAS Vanilla Protein Powder (added to boost protein)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 c Trader Joe’s Dried Three Berry Blend
1/2 c chopped raw walnuts
1 c pure pumpkin puree
4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk
1/4 agave nectar
1/2 c canola oil (or 1/2 ff greek yogurt to boost the protein)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9 x 5 bread pan with nonstick spray and a light dusting of whole wheat flour.
2. Stir dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Whip egg whites until stiff white peaks form in a separate bowl.
4. In another bowl, combine berries, pumpkin, agave, egg yolk, egg whites, and oil. Fold in egg whites just until blend.
5. Mix dry and wet ingredients just until blended. Do not over mix. Place batter in the loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until loaf is just beginning to crack on the top.
6. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks. Remove from pan and allow to cool entirely on the wire rack before slicing.
Makes 12 large or 16 medium slices.
As modified to boost protein for BFL ~ It’s not perfect in BFL ratios – 1/16th is 145 calories (31% protein, 58% carbs, 11% fat) ~ boo! I thought I had it too, but the carbs need to equal the proteins! Oh well, it’s still fantastic bread!
** This is quite tasty by itself or you can whip up a Sweet Greek Yogurt Cream* for topping.
* YOGURT CREAM:
2 Tbsp 0% Greek Yogurt
1/2 tsp agave nectar
Mix and spread on your fantastic fall pumpkin bread!
I had a slice of this for dessert ~ so fall like. Enjoy!