Happy Biggest Loser day all! Although somehow since I am now watching “Chopped” I feel like I should change that intro Thanks for all the comments on the new Annie’s Digs ~ I can honestly say I am LOVING the new building and as crazy as this sounds ~ I LOVE the train and walking to work! It’s awesome that I can actually work or read or just plain Words with Friends instead of driving in traffic. Ummm, yes and I totally said “Chugga Chugga Choo Choo” a few times today LOL……
I am trying to remember how I got around in college with carrying so little! Today I learned the hard way that carrying 3 bags was just way too much work. Thanks for sharing all your ideas when I asked on Facebook and Twitter.
I “geeked” out tonight and bought this really cool all-in-one back pack (in black, not red) that I think will hold my work stuff, my workout clothes, my lunch, my water bottle and my wallet (probably the kitchen sink too!) I guess I travel like I cook ~ tossing everything in there
This morning I still managed to whip up a delicious breakfast at 5 am. I made an Egg-Wich
* 2 Slice Trader Joe’s Fat-Free Multi-Grain Bread (3 points+)
* 1 “Fried” Egg (2 points+)
* Sea Salt and Black Pepper
I rounded it out with 3 slices of Trader Joe’s Peppered Turkey Bacon (1 point+) and a nectarine I saved for snack later.
One of the COOLEST things we get to do is workout at any point during the day. My co-worker and I “broke in” our new gym with a mid morning workout. I spent 25 minutes of the Elliptical while watching Dr. Oz.
Post workout snack.
I actually lugged my lunch to work together but decided it would be one less thing to carry tomorrow if I had leftovers from yesterday’s fiesta.
I made a BIG salad with TONS of pico de gallo!
* 2 cups Tossed Salad
* 1/2 cup pinto beans – 3 points+
* 1/2 cup spanish rice – 3 points+
* 3/4 cup pico de gallo
* Tortilla Strips ~ I went back for more so Id say I had the equivalent of 12 chips (4 points+)
Mid afternoon I really wanted chocolate but I resisted it and decided to have my nectarine from breakfast with a lite string cheese (1 points+)
I actually put dinner in the crockpot before I left this morning so I wouldn’t have to “cook” dinner when I got home. I had visions that I could re-create one of my favorite Cooking Light recipes for Simple Roasted Pork Loin in the crockpot.
SIMPLE SLOW COOKED PORK LOIN RECIPE
- 3 lbs center cut lean pork loin
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 15.5 oz Low Sugar Apricot Preserves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or line with a plastic liner. Season pork loin with sea salt and black pepper. Place in the crockpot.
2. Combine the chicken broth through the crushed red pepper flakes and pour over the pork.
3. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 10-12 hours. Remove pork, shred and drizzle with about 1/4 cup of the sauce. Discard the rest.
Makes 12, four ounce servings, 4 points+ each
When I went to the Foodbuzz Fest last year, I received a coupon from Alexia to try their new Chipotle Fries. Tonight was the perfect opportunity.
I definitely think the “secret ingredient” is the Chipotle!
4 Points+ a serving.
This is what 3 ounces looks like pre-cooked.
Still a nice size serving ~ Delicious ~ sweet, spicy and I could probably eat the whole bag if I made it….good thing I cooked just one serving.
I was actually bummed that the pork wasn’t sweet glazed ~ it was more “roast” like. I topped it with a little BBQ sauce and that was the perfect addition. I might make it into carnitas tacos tomorrow night by adding salsa! (4 ounces plus sauce = 5 points+)
All together with a side of swiss chard.
After dinner I convinced The Husband to go with me on a shopping spree by promising him Starbucks! I got a tall nonfat decat latte with caramel drizzled just on top (to make it like a marshmallow) ~ 3 points. I had 3 Dove Chocolates with it for the perfect dessert (3 points+)
NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
* Quite possibly one of my FAVORITE pasta recipes ever ~ 7 Points+ Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Shells!
What is your FAVORITE drink to order at Starbuck’s?
As you all know I LOVE Dirty Lattes, but, I actually CRAVE their caramel sauce ~ I LOVE it and probably would drink it from the bottle if I worked there. Next up from there ~ a Chai Tea Latte!