Some days just call for a hearty, chunky, veggie packed chili with all the fixin’s that requires little to no work. Then, there are days that you make this chili just so you can make Healthy Chili Cheese Nachos the next day! You know…..like those 1,000+ calorie Game Day Nachos The Husband had awhile back at Red Robin. Can you tell which one I am looking forward too?! LOL.
I LOVE my Slow Cooker for long days when I know I will not have the energy to cook when I get home. All you have to do is spend 15 minutes in the morning preparing this crockpot chili recipe by tossing everything in the slow cooker then let it cook slow and low all day.
Serve over corn bread, add your favorite toppings and dinner is served as soon as you walk in the door.
SLOW COOKER VEGGIE CHILI (print it!)
- 1 pound 96% lean ground beef, turkey, chicken or Morning Star Veggie Crumbles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 green & 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen fire roasted corn
- 15 oz no salt added, fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes
- Two 15 oz cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning ~ make your own, it’s easy!
- Dashes of hot sauce to taste
- Top with any of your favorite toppers ~ cheese, onions, tomato, Greek Yogurt for sour cream, AVOCADO, tortilla chips, etc.
NOTE: Make it vegetarian by using Veggie Crumbles or make it VEGAN by omitting the meat and using vegan toppers.
1. Brown ground meat in a large nonstick skillet, until cooked, about 10-12 minutes. Drain. Chop vegetables while the meat cooks. If you are using Veggie Crumbles, you can skip this step and just toss them in the crockpot frozen.
2. Add the cooked ground beef and all the remaining ingredients to a large slow cooker. Cook all day on low.
Makes 10 servings, 1 heaping cup each, 4 points+ (excluding toppings)
Nutritional information per 1 cup serving calculated at caloriecount.com (excluding toppings):
STEP – BY – STEP:
This is one of the EASIEST recipes you will ever make. The longest part is chopping all the veggies. Simply brown the ground meat, drain and put everything in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook all day on low for 8-10 hours.
Top and dig in! I topped my chili bowl with 1/2 oz Low-Fat Sharp Cheddar, green onions and 1 Tbsp colorful tortilla chips for 6 points+.
Tomorrow is totally Healthy Chili Cheese Nacho Night!!! I cannot wait to put a spin on my favorite Healthy Nachos using this recipe, but, maybe making my own cheese sauce too!
Happy Friday Eve all ~ Just one more day…….