Happy Tuesday all! I just have to say you all are pretty smart cookies for sure! I really didn’t think anyone would notice that little sentence I slipped in there about my new job on my last post LOL. I LOVED Marcia’s idea about being a full time taste tester….I just don’t think that would’ve been good for the scale lol. I am sure some of you will agree with me and some will think I am crazy but I am super excited to finally be able to share the details.
As much as I LOVE the company I worked for, it was time to move on, to grow and to be challenged again in my career. Awhile ago, I was presented with a FANTASTIC opportunity where I can give back and be part of a fun team at the State Teachers Retirement Fund.
It truly was a tough decision because you all know that organics & sustainability are such a part of who I am. I realized that I can take that with me where ever I go and as much as things change in life ~ that part of me will always remain the same. You will all still see my crazy, passionate, local-vore, Trader Joe’s, Weight Watchers obsessed self on here sharing my dailies, recipes & more ~ just with fun new backgrounds.
Here are just a couple of things I am SO EXCITED for about the new place:
* They are focused on Sustainability with their LEED Certified Building compete with a Gym & Cafeteria (I hear with an awesome salad bar!)
* I can still take the TRAIN to be greener & have a workout built into my day~ I kind of “geeked” out a little when I realized that!
* I am working near Old Town Sacramento if anyone wants to meet up for lunch. (translation: there are so many great places to eat & review) and I will get to meet up with so many of my friends I have missed since I started working in the Bay.
Let me just say that was SO HARD to write that without smiley faces LOL. I honestly am so excited about my new job that I will be starting at the end of the month.
Today started off with two more Taco Egg Muffins. MMMM, I am pretty sure I could never get tired of these.
5 points+ for everything including my Iced Coconut Coffee.
I have been excited all week for today because my sister and I had the afternoon off to hang out. We met up at Jack’s Urban Eats because we knew we wanted to make Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salads.
In the mix:
* Tons of greens, carrots, mandarin oranges, peas & pickled red onions (1 points+)
* 2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries (2 points+)
* 2 Tbsp Chopped Candied Walnuts (2 points+)
* 2 Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Strips (6 points+)
* Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette (4 points+)
Ummm, we also shared the Urban Fries. I LOVE these and am guessing my half is around 10 points+ ~ worth every single extra WPA!
After lunch and a little bit of shopping, we headed over to watch Our Idiot Brother.
We were all over getting a small popcorn to share just so we could sprinkle seasoning all over it. Did you know you get 3 cups of movie popcorn for only 5 points+?! DEAL!
The movie was pretty good, definitely not as funny as others we have seen and probably a good DVD rental.
When I walked in the door, The Husband surprised me by having our entire house clean!! He told me he was busy doing stuff around the house, but, I had no idea he was cleaning for me
He also “cooked” dinner ~ Leftover Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup (8 points+)
I LOVE HIM! Since I officially lost the battle and am now sick , I ended the night with a cup of Echinacea Tea plus honey.