Happy Monday all! I think my new addiction is Egg Salad Sandwiches ~ you know, since, I am officially a “pro” at making them now. This makes the 3d time in my life I’ve made it now LOL
It’s totally “normal” to have an egg salad sandwich for breakfast, right??? eggs….bread ~ it works!
* 1 egg plus 1 egg white (2 points+)
* 1 Tbsp LF Mayo (1 point+)
* 1 tsp mustard
* Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Smooshed and piled on top of 2 slices Trader Joe’s Fat Free Multi-Grain Bread (3 points+) and topped with crushed red pepper flakes to make it look like bacon.
With a side of “banana & strawberry chips”.
My breakfast actually made me feel “stuffed” and it only cost 6 points+!
I am pretty sure my co-workers think I am crazy because I don’t actually make up my lunches BEFORE work very often. By that, I mean, I actually take EVERYTHING to make them up….2 bags of lettuce, 1 bag of carrot, peppers, cherry tomatoes
It’s totally normal, right?! I mean, it saves me from having to wash more dishes by packing it all separately LOL.
* Organic Mixed Greens combined with Organic Butter Leaf
* Organic Shredded Carrots
* Organic Sweet Yellow Pepper
* Organic Cherry Tomatoes
* 3 oz Organic Grilled Chicken Tenders that I marinated and GRILLED last night in Trader Joe’s Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette!
All topped with 2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s LF Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (5 points+)
Plus a pear for good measure……
Dessert ~ 2 more of those delicious Low Fat Banana Nut Bread Cookies (4 points+). I actually think they taste better the next day than they do right out of the oven.
Since The Husband had the day off he completely surprised me by cooking dinner! He actually called me this afternoon to ask what on our “weekly menu” he could make ~ yeah!
We started off with simple salads topped with 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Balsamic (my favorite new dressing!) and 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese. (2 points+)
Alexia Garlic Baguette ~ 2 BIG slices for only 3 points+! I ALWAYS look for ways to add this bread to any meal ~ it’s amazing!
Tadah! Spaghetti with meat sauce a la The Husband.
* 1 Cup Barilla Plus Spaghetti (5 points+)
* 1/2 Cup Meat Sauce made with Trader Joe’s Arabbiata Sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic and 96% lean ground beef (2 points+)
* Sprinkled with crushed red pepper flakes, parsley and Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
The perfect ending to a Monday ~ DOVE LOVE (4 points+)
NEW AT FRIENDS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
* Check out Katie’s AMAZING Success Story ~ This year marks her 5 year anniversary at successfully maintaining her 80+ LB Weight Loss!
What is the STRANGEST thing you’ve ever had for breakfast?
I’d have to say I got a little “creative” in September when I decided to have a serving of vegetables with every breakfast. Aside from that, I think it’s pretty weird to eat Egg Salad for breakfast but it was SO GOOD I’d do it all over again.
I actually have a co-worker who makes me hungry every morning because she eats tacos, fried chicken, burgers, pizza….I should probably venture out more to non-traditional foods because I bet they taste even better in the morning!