I love quiche, but, often do not love the calories and fat in traditional quiches. This recipe takes away the crust and butter, but, replaces it with flavor and a little spicy heat. I used Jennie-O turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties, however, there are other versions that are lower in fat.
If I was to make this again, I would use my Homemade Turkey Sausage that is leaner and tastes even better.
BROCCOLI, TURKEY SAUSAGE CRUSTLESS QUICHE RECIPE (print it!)
- 8 Jennie-O turkey breakfast sausage patties
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups egg beaters or 6 eggs
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped and steamed for 3 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, like Tapatio or Sriracha
- Sea Salt & pepper to taste (about 1/4-1/2 tsp each)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 ounces 75% Light Cheddar, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook onion and breakfast sausage until cooked through and sausage is crumbled.
- Layer on bottom of pie plate. Chop cooked broccoli and make that the next layer.
- Whisk together the egg beaters, milk, and hot sauce. Top with Jalapeno slices.
- Pour into pie pan or 8 inch baking square, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is slightly browned.
Makes 6 slices, 3 WWFreestyle Smartpoints each
Nutritional information per serving for all ingredients:
STEP – BY – STEP:
Brown your turkey sausage with your onion and garlic until cooked through. Add as the first layer to your 8-inch square baking dish.
Steam your broccoli for approximately 3 minutes and add as the next layer.
Mix your egg beaters, milk, sea salt, black pepper and hot sauce together.
Pour over your broccoli/sausage mixture.
Top with your finely shredded low fat cheese.
Plus as many seeded jalapeño slices as you can handle 😀
Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until golden….slice & enjoy as is or with your favorite hot sauce on top!